When purchasing car parts, there are a lot of factors to take in. Which parts do you need, what is your budget, and what brand are you looking for? It can be really confusing, especially if this is your first time buying car parts. One question that may pop into your mind is, “Does the brand really matter?”
There are multiple factors for answering this question. That’s why today we will be talking about why OEM car parts are the way to go!
OEM stands for “Original Equipment Manufacturer”. This means that the car parts you’re receiving are made by the original manufacturer. The are many benefits to purchasing OEM parts to your vehicle, and is always the method that GM Outlet Parts recommends.
- Quality products – When you are purchasing OEM car parts, you are getting the parts that were meant for your vehicle. You can always rest assured that you are receiving top quality products.
- Always Get The Exact Part – With OEM car parts, you will always get the part that you need. While aftermarket may need to be more versatile, OEM parts are made for your specific model of vehicle.
- Warranties – OEM car parts typically come with warranties so you can take comfort in knowing that your new parts are covered.
Aftermarket car parts are parts that are not made by the original car’s maker. While designed to function the same as OEM parts, there is still an inherent risk to purchasing aftermarket car parts. While some aftermarket parts are high quality, others may not be so good. It’s important that if you’re going to use aftermarket car parts, you deal with a mechanic who you trust.
- Cheaper – Aftermarket parts are often times cheaper than the same OEM parts. However, take note that if something sounds too good to be true – it probably is.
- Quality Varies – As stated, if one researches and uses a mechanic they trust, their aftermarket parts may be of high quality. However, when people go for the aftermarket parts that are super low in price, it’s often because of shoddy quality that can actually further damage your vehicle in the long run.
- May Be Lacking Warranty – If you’re going to purchase aftermarket car parts, it’s important to make sure you purchase the ones that are warranted. Otherwise, you may find yourself with a dud that can’t be taken back!
At GM Outlet Parts, we believe that OEM car parts are the way to go! It ensures that the parts you purchase are made with your vehicle in mind, so you can be sure that you are receiving high-quality car parts every time! If you’re in need of GM OEM car parts, don’t hesitate to visit our website!